Artist of This Week : bEAu

Artist of This Week : bEAu

Hello everyone, this is SELLBUYMUSIC, a royalty-free stock music library!

We've brought an interview with this month's artist, bEAu!

Introduction of bEAu - Sellbuymusic artist

https://en.sellbuymusic.com/artistDetail/17064

 

Q1. Please introduce yourself. What genre of music do you mainly produce?

A1. Hello, I'm bEAu. Currently, I'm working as a drama background music composer and bEAu is my stage name. Since I mainly work on drama background music, I don't really stick to a specific genre when composing. When I release my own albums, I tend to produce more ambient and minimalist music!

I think it's influenced by the artists I like. The reason why I started making video music was also because of the artists I admire. When I work on dramas, I have to write songs even for genres I'm not familiar with, so the concept of genre has become less important to me. ^^;;;

 

Q2. How did you come to know about SellBuyMusic?

A2. While preparing for the drama 'Hyena', I happened to discover Sell Buy Music while looking for music references. In the United States, there are many library companies like Sell Buy Music that are widely used in the drama industry, and I happened to come across a Korean library company during this opportunity.

 

Q3. Are there any artists or songs that inspire you?

A3. There are two artists who gave me the biggest inspiration to do video music. One of them is Olafur Arnalds from Iceland, and the other is the world-renowned maestro Ryuichi Sakamoto, who recently passed away.

Olafur Arnalds

Ryuichi Sakamoto


Both of them always give me great influence and inspiration. It's hard to pick a song that inspires me because they have so many hit songs, but if I have to choose, I would pick "Ólafur Arnalds - Ágúst" and "Ryuichi Sakamoto - andata."


 

Q4. Is there a particular aspect that you pay the most attention to when making music?

A4. I always think about the situation and scene first when I write a song. I spend a lot of time thinking about what kind of situation and scene the song can be used in. I hope that people who listen to my music can feel like they've become the protagonist in a drama. Music that makes sad scenes sadder or helps people feel more in love when they're in love. That's why I always try to write music while thinking about the situation and scene.

 

Q5. If you have a favorite song among the music you created, what song is it?

A5. I think the songs that were inserted into the hit dramas last year come to mind first. The two songs that I like the most are "Who Was Killed" from the "Penthouse" OST and "Lovely W.Y.W" from the "Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo" OST. Especially, I personally love "Lovely W.Y.W" because it suited the cute image of Woo Young-woo in the drama so well~ 😊


 

Q6. Can you introduce the attractive points of your music to your readers?

A6. I think the charm of my music lies in its ability to enrich videos. So, the intensity of the music is important. In that sense, my music plays a role in adding to the video. I think the charm of my music is that it does not overpower the video or detract from it.

 

Q7. When do you get musically inspired in your daily life?

A7. I think it's when I'm taking a walk or daydreaming at a café. I enjoy observing people while walking or daydreaming at a café. Then, I unfold my own imagination. I often get inspiration from imagining, "What kind of music would go well with that story?" while creating my own mini-theater alone.

 

Q8. Who do you want to be known as in the music industry?

A8. I want to be known as an artist who people say, "This song is definitely his!" An artist who always approaches with a new feeling and makes various attempts. I also want to be remembered as an artist's artist. That's exactly what I admired about Ryuichi Sakamoto. He always tried new things but made music that fit so well. It's my dream to become such an artist. ^^

 

Royalty free background music library
SELLBUYMUSIC

sellbuymusic logo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a Music License? / Types of Music License🤷

Artist of This Week : Lallaworks

🥇Artist of the Month May, 2022🥇 - BGM YAMYAM, ayalmusic