[Creator Focus] Tune in to ‘DAJUNG’s Beautiful Harmony of Film and Music




 

#Creator Focus

 

 

ASAP = As Slow As Possible 

 

 

In a busy day, but feeling like going on a slow tempo, I make sure to watch YouTube creator Dajung’s video. I could take a breath with her videos in a hectic schedule.

 

Today we sat down with Dajung, who is now currently running her YouTube channel, ‘DAJUNG’. Having 2.5 million subscribers, she shows us vlogs and interior styling videos, making her own ‘Dajunglicious’ world in YouTube.

From this interview we contained difficulties she’s having about balancing between film and music, and lastly aspects of life what Dajung is pursuing. If you are a big fan of her videos, it’s sure to feel her warmth in this interview.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Q. Hello, Dajung! Give us a little introduction about yourself!

A. Hello everyone! Always with you ,I am Min Dajung, currently running my YouTube channel ‘DAJUNG’! I’ve worked 10 years as a software engineer developer, but quit my job in April of 2020 due to burn-out and now working as a contents creator.

 

 

#Starting YouTube #Beginning & Change

 Q.You started YouTube by ‘Beauty of Youth’ channel, and through ‘Gominbubu’ –which means ‘Worrying couple’ in Korean - now then changed to ‘DAJUNG’. As your name of the channels altered, and now the channels are focusing you, there must have been changes to that.

 A. At first my husband opened a channel called ‘Beauty of Youth’. I didn’t know anything about YouTube at that time. It was just a window that my husband could relieve stress. He was used to video editing software due to the long study, but I didn’t know anything about it.

 

As I appeared more often in videos, I got more interested in YouTube. Then we changed the channel name as ‘Gominbubu’, and my husband got charge of filming, I edited videos by learning from him. After we moved to our new house, I got in charge of filming and editing in-door videos - husband got charge of out-door travel filming.

 

Then my husband got busy with his work, it was hard for him to participate.  So things got tricky when I was the only one who actually appears but the title of the channel was ‘Gominbubu’.

 I once thought of making my solo channel newly but just changed the title of the channel boldly and packed things by myself. It’s rather good that contents of channel increased in terms of changing the title and became me-centered.

Since then, I got more attached to my channel and do the things the way I wanted to do one by one. Also, filming and editing became more thrilling. Above all, it’s awesome that I can edit videos without my husband interrupting.

 

 

 

 

Q. Your narration in the videos is very appealing. Just the right speed, control of the voice, and the script. Your voice surely makes peculiar mood to the video. I want to know about the reason why you decided to start voice-over to the film.

A. I had a concern about starting narration since it is not for everyone, but the first reason was that visually impaired and them hard of hearing also enjoy watching YouTube. So I started putting narration to the video and wrote subtitles in detail.

 

And the second reason is, to be honest I wanted to be a podcast DJ when I was young and YouTube was my window for it. It’s too bad that my nose went nuts these days so I can’t put many narration.

 

 

 

#Things that I_want to do #Things that I_have to do

Q. Your videos seem like high in quality in editing, music and color over all. Did you have high interest in video- directing and production?

A. I was just the ordinary office worker but thanks to my husband I could jump into filming and editing. I’m still a bummer even though I started YouTube and still trying to learn about it. The more directing and production the more hard it gets. 

 

 

 

Q. You’ve been directing and producing many contents on your own, what was the most memorable out of them? And any difficulties?

A. I have my dearest videos in my channel. I put a lot effort in and work but it’s a shame that they didn’t hit many views – one is a video made with my favorite song, ‘Sunwoojunga – Far Away’ and one is a video emphasizing my favorite colors out of a black and white colored film.

 

Views didn’t hit highly when I showed all of my styles. (Haha) It’s hard to compromise between popular taste and my affection.

 

 

 

 

 [Film 1 : Our daily life changed in the Covid-19 (Track: Sunwoojunga – Far Away)]

 

 

 

 

 

[Film 2:  Daily vlog with cinematic mood on a drop of colored in black and white]

 

 

 

 

#Dajunglicious #Video #Music

Q. What’s your most concern when crafting contents? And what kind of videos do you want to show us?

A. I look closely at filming and using music with similar ratio. I choose the opening and ending track depending on what contents would be in the video, and listen to them numerous times, memorize them and start filming. During the shoot, I tend to change angles a lot for people who might be boring to watch. 

 

My goal is to make ‘Min Dajung-like’ videos. I want to grow old as a cute granny, and hope to make videos that shows cute and fun mood like wise.

 

 

 

Q. It seems like you have a special taste in music! Where do you likely get background music?

A. I use every tracks from SellBuyMusic! I was actually using other service, but after changing to SellBuyMusic, people left comments about how matching the background music is 🥰 

 

 

Q. Since you went to Grand Mint Festival, I thought you might be interested in music. Can you share us some of your playlists?

A. Oh Yes. I was interested in music from my school days! I was on the podcast all day. I’m a bit shy to share my playlist, but I’ll share the music I listen to a lot these days! 

 

 

 

 Dajung's Playlist 🎈


Epitone Project - Cactus


The Quiett - Love Vibration


KWAKPURENHANEUL - Books Unread


Boroccoli, You Too? - No Anchor


Sunwoojunga - Far Away


Lykke Li – Dance, Dance, Dance


Cigarettes After Sex - Heavenly




And so as like Kim Dong-ryul, Toy, Yoo Jae-Ha and those old time music.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Q. The best track of all while using our service?

 A. It’s ‘Old film’ by 9bbang! I used this track in my weekly vlog opening in January, and I’m still humming. 

 

 

 #Taste #Aspects_of_life


 

 


 

Q. It seems like your taste lies all over the house in your video. Especially the Pac-Man tiles in the powder room and the swimming pool-like balcony  caught my eyes. 

 It was fun to see other people’s spaces through the video, and at the same time, I was curious about how your taste and senses were formed and how you got affected.


A. I tend to get inspired a lot from movies, music and paintings. I admired the mood of vintage, many people’s favorites - movie ‘Little Forest’ and American show ‘Friends’, my dearly Monroe movies, and numerous classic movies. And also admired the warm sensibility from the paintings of Impressionists. 

 

 

I put these admiring desires all over my house by combining games, characters and activities. I wanted to space it up with fun stuff so I don’t get bored from being at home. Each room has its own theme, I put efforts on arranging things I like but styling is always endless it puts me into agony. I try hard not to follow the typical trends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Q. The way you grow plants and herb, stability from your daily life was moving. Please tell me about your aspects about your life you are pursuing.

A. Being comfortable and stable, but starting things with curiosity – at the same time making me and my family a comfortable home- is the shape of life I pursue. 

 

Somehow I mentioned just before, it’s my dream to grow old as a cute granny. Loving cute props, wearing flower rings, Mickey Mouse T-shirts and growing flowers and herbs in my garden are my goals.

 

 

Q. For last, it would be nice to give a word to your subscribers/fans!

A. From my subscribers I often get comments like ‘Stay healthy and make videos for a long time’! Those such comments make me energized and give courage to make videos doing my best. 😁Always appreciating, and I’ll upload videos often from your lovely comments and attention, so please come and visit! See you soon! 

 

 

 

💕 Tracks from Dajung's videos  

 






I couldn’t hide smiling from Dajung’s video - having tons of cups in her cupboard - as overlapping myself having many cups even when having single mouth. We had such a meaningful time, getting know about her difficulties that we might not realize when watching her video in the most comfortable place, wearing comfortable clothes.

 

Most of all, it sticks into my head that she wants to grow old as a ‘cute granny’. We really appreciate the fact that we could actually share her story, even though we might be a stranger to her.

 

Then see you guys next time! 😊

 

 

 

 

 Sign up for SellBuyMusic’s musician and spread out your music, 

make incredible revenues!

The best stock music market that musicians (Sell) and creators (Buy) make together, SellBuyMusic.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a Music License? / Types of Music License🤷

Artist of This Week : Lallaworks

🥇Artist of the Month May, 2022🥇 - BGM YAMYAM, ayalmusic